Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 2 hours
- 1 1/4 cup of your favorite gluten-free flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- 6 tablespoons of cold vegan butter.
- 4-6 tablespoons of ice-cold water.
- 2 3/4 cups of pumpkin puree.
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- 1 3/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to taste.
- Using a large kitchen mixing bowl, add in your chosen flour and salt to taste then mix to combine. Add in the vegan butter then use a fork to work it into the flour mixture. In bits, add in the water and stir with a spatula until the mixture comes together and a crumbly dough forms.
- Place the dough between two plastic wraps or parchment papers then use a rolling pin to form a disc. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for about thirty minutes to two days. You can warm it up before using it for the vegan pie recipe.
- Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and get ready to make the pie filling. Using a blender, add in all the ingredients for the filling and blend until you get a smooth mixture. Feel free to adjust seasonings as desired, set aside.
- Next, take your crust out of the refrigerator, place it into your pie pan then use your hands to form it into the shape of your pan, covering all sides.
- Pour the blended filling into the pie crust, place the pan into the oven and bake the vegan pie recipe for about fifty-eight to sixty-five minutes until the crust becomes golden brown in colour.
- Once baked, let the vegan pie cool off completely then let it chill in the refrigerator for about four to six hours until set. This vegan pumpkin pie recipe can be served with coconut whipped cream, enjoy!
Calories: 211, Carbohydrates: 31.4g, Protein: 1.6g, Fat: 8.5g, and Fiber: 2.5g